Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Admission of Failure

In 2001 a couple of us incorporated a company called Near Space Transport. It lasted less than six months. The basic idea that we could buy rocket engines from one supplier, jet engines from another, and have an airframe company build a sub-suborbital craft was flawed. The design may have worked, the financial side would (with hindsight) not.

I lost a few dollars and no one else did. I was able to get some of the financing transfered to my construction company. By two years ago, I had put together a good work team with good equipment and client base. I was in a position to start financing some small technical hardware, I thought. The construction industry is not healthy right now and a good team etc means you might be able to weather the storm, not spend chuncks of change on a rocket hobby. I estimate at least two years before my business can be in a position to do what I thought I was going to do five years ago.

I have a number of aerospace concepts that I would like to put out there. I wanted to post them in a place that does not polute other peoples' blogs or attract excessive numbers of trolls. Anybody that comes here probably knows who I am and what to expect. It is an admission of failure that I am talking instead of building or at least learning why things don't work.

No comments: